How To Conduct the Initial Launch Event
Consider choosing a quiet and large meeting space. The Launch Meeting is the first meeting and should be where you discuss the formatting for future gatherings. You or your assigned coach from The W Source™ will want to introduce the benefits, commitment, and expectations of the group.
Please find below a suggested timeline for a lunch meeting (although this could easily be adapted for a breakfast).
- 11:30 a.m. – Check-in, handout badges, and introductions
- 11:45 a.m. – Lunch is served
- 11:50 a.m. – Presentations
- Chapter Head Introduction (5 min)
- The W Source™ Presentation (15 mins) – Discuss your vision for the group, introduce the concept of “One-on-Ones” that will occur between now and the next meeting, explain the structure/topics covered in the 90-minute meeting next month, and open it up for questions.
- The W Source™ Value Proposition (5 mins)
- An example introduction might be: “In order for this group to be successful, we need to transact referrals. However, in order for us to introduce each other, we need to know how to best present you and your services.”
- Assign The W Source™ Value Proposition Worksheet (as outlined below) to be completed prior to next month's meeting.
- Optional (10 mins) – If your group has not yet predetermined a time/location for the following month's meeting, consider bringing a whiteboard and allowing everyone to share the days/times that work for future meetings.
- Questions (5 mins)
- 12:30 p.m. – Dessert is served
- 12:30 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Networking
Do you have everything you need? We’ve included a helpful checklist below to make sure you don’t leave anything important behind!
- Cord to connect computer to projector
- Clicker with USB input
- Pens (at least 20, depending on group size)
- Presentation on your computer and saved on a USB drive
- Printed copies of the Value Proposition Worksheet (at least 20, depending on group size)
- Retractable Banner
Let's Have Some Fun! Action Items for Next Month's Meeting:
At the Launch Meeting, you will assign your members The W Source™ Value Proposition Worksheet to be completed prior to next month's meeting. You may also choose to email the "Building Your Value Proposition" video to your members after the event as follow-up to help them get started. In the following two meetings, group members will be allotted six minutes to practice their value proposition. This will enable group members to better understand each other's goals, client base, and services provided. Select half the group to present at the next meeting and the other half to present at the third meeting.
Download PDF/Print Page
Download Launch Event Checklist