How to Conduct a Flex Your Network Event (Optional)
- What Is It?
Flex Your Network is a semi-annual gathering of like-minded local professionals who are interested in fostering new contacts and growing their respective businesses. Each Fall and Spring, the Chapter Head may wish to plan this larger networking event that will include the group's members as well as intentionally selected guests.
Depending on your group, you may wish to plan a Happy Hour with hors d'oeuvres and refreshments that lasts 2-2 ½ hours in the evening. The venue should be a large, open space and quiet enough to encourage mingling/conversation among guests.
Below is a suggested timeline for a Happy Hour (although this can be adapted as a lunch, dinner, or other event for your group).
- 5:00 p.m. – Check-in, handout name tags, guests place business cards in the Selection Tote Bag at check-in table (to be used for a raffle at the end).
- Optional: On the name tags, add a line that says "Ask Me About" and members will fill this in at check-in. This can be anything from "Ask Me About: How I Can Help You With Taxes" to "Ask Me About: My Recent Trip to Italy." This can serve as an excellent ice-breaker for new members.
- 5:15 p.m. – Introductions (5-10 mins): The Chapter Head will give a brief introduction of herself, share the success of referrals/their impact on members' businesses, and thank everyone for coming to the event.
- 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. – Guests enjoy refreshments, hors d'oeuvres, and networking. The Chapter Head may choose to generate new conversation topics and/or introductions every 15-20 minutes and encourage individuals to mingle with those who they have not yet met.
- 7:00 p.m. - 7:15 p.m. – The Chapter Head raffles prizes (ex.: wine, gift certificates, etc.) using the business cards placed in the Selection Tote Bag at check-in.
- 7:15 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. – The Chapter Head offers any closing remarks, offers additional information for any potential new members, and again thanks everyone for coming to the event.
Do you have everything you need? We’ve included a helpful checklist below to make sure you don’t leave anything important behind!
- RSVP List
- Retractable Banner
- Raffle prize items (wine, gift certificates, etc.)
- One-on-One Selection Tote Bag (to use for raffle)
- Sign-in sheet and pens (Optional)
- Table linens/other items for venue (Optional)
For specific questions, please contact The W Source™ at Info@TheWSource.com or at 1-833-W-SOURCE.